Thursday, July 1, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Last week Keagan took swim lessons. My main goal I wanted him to get out of the lessons was to get over his fear of water. Keagan likes to go swimming but doesn't like to get water in his face and go under the water. I have to admit, he gets it honestly from me. This summer he has done a lot better with the water. He took lessons from a guy named Ryan. He was really good with him. Cecil was very disappointed he didn't learn to swim, but he is definetly not as scared of the water as he was. On Friday I stayed so Keagan could show me what he had learned. He knows the technique of using his arms and kicking his legs but he still doesn't like to go under the water.

walking around in the water

he was suppose to be showing me how to kick his legs and use his arms, but it is hard to tell that in the picture

going down the slide.
He would go down the slide before but always wanted his swim ring on.
Sunday, Cecil and Keagan went swimming before we had Bible study. Keagan went down the slide several times with no floatie. When they were in the shallow end, Cecil would throw Keagan and make him go under the water and then Keagan would stand up. He was getting even better about having water in his face.
my sweet boys in thier red, white, and blue
Keagan is leaving today with my mom to go to Abilene and then tomorrow them and my dad are going to see my sister and Joey. They are also going to take Keagan to Six Flags. I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July.

0 comments: