Monday, September 27, 2010

An Update

As usual I am behind on Karter's monthly post.
-not sure about his weight but he has is 6 month check-up a week from Friday
-continues to eat every 3 hours during the day
-still eating cereal at night, eating it much better
-has started vegetables, so far likes them all
-sleeping pretty good at night if we could just keep him from getting congested
-can sit up, we keep his boppy near by though
-LOVES to be held which is hard on the babysitter and me but we are working on it
-will be crawling soon, gets up on hands and knees and rocks, the other night he moved his legs but not his arms so his face hit the carpet
-I am sure I am forgetting some things, but hopefully will remember them and add to his 6 month post

showing off his sitting skills
Cecil had foot surgery again on September 17th. This time they fused some bones in the top of his foot and put in plate and put a screw in his big toe. We are hoping this surgery will allow him to walk without pain. He has been on crutches since he had his first surgery in December. I am so ready for him to be off of them. The doctor said it will be 6-8 weeks with no weight on his foot and then will be able to gradually add weight. I had still been giving Karter a bath in his baby tub because it was just easier. Since I am having to give both boys a bath by myself I decided to give them a bath together. Keagan loves taking a bath with Karter. I think Karter enjoys it too.
my sweet boys
Keagan is still liking school. He has gotten a paw print stamp everday so he is behaving. I love listening to the stories he tells me about the things he does. The other day I had taken my kids to the cafeteria and was on my way back to my room and his teacher stopped me. She said she had to tell me about something that happened-my first thought was Oh no what did he do. Sometimes they send the kids to the gym to use the restroom because the two pre-k classes share one boy and one girl bathroom. His teacher was coming back from somewhere and saw Keagan outside like he was going to the gym and he was messing with his pants. When she got outside she said Keagan what are you doing? He asked her to open the gym door. She said the sidewalk was wet by where he was standing. She asked him if he had gone to the bathroom on the sidewalk and he told her no. She asked him again and he said no he didn't but that another boy had. She opened the door for him and sent him to the bathroom. She talked to the other boy and he admitted he peed on the sidewalk and she asked if Keagan had. He told her no. He couldn't get the door open either so he just went on the sidewalk. I told his teacher at least she didn't have to send him to the nurse to get a change of clothes. I was also glad to know Keagan was telling her the truth about not going and about who really did it.
Hopefully I will do a better job of keeping this updated but not making any promises.

0 comments: