Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of Pre-K

Today was Keagan's first day of Pre-K.

We started off the morning with cinnamon rolls. This is an adjustment Keagan is going to have to make. He doesn't like to eat breakfast when he first gets up.

Ready to go with what other than a tractor lunchbox and backpack.

sitting at his table

Keag and Audrey
A couple of weeks ago I looked at Keagan's class list and saw that Kira and Landrie were going to be in his class. These were two of the girls that went to the babysitter with him. Then we found out Audrey was going to be in his class. Kira, Audrey and Keagan all stayed at Cheryl's at the same time. I warned his teacher about this!
He was excited this morning. I had one of our aides stay in my room as my kids were coming in this morning so I could take Keagan to his class and take a few pictures. When we walked in he was acting very shy. I think he was on the verge of tears so I tried to get out as quick as I could. I went over and talked to him at lunch and he said he was having a lot of fun. After lunch we were at recess and he came and sat with me for a little bit. I could tell he was tired. When the bell rang he walked from his class to mine all by himself. We got out at 1:30 but teachers had to stay until 3:30 so Cecil came and picked him up. Kira and Keagan are the flag holders this week. He said he holds the Texas flag and Kira holds the "States" flag. He got a paw print stamp at the end of the day because he was "good" today. He quickly informed me Audrey didn't get a stamp because she was throwing rocks on the playground. I don't know if that is true or not. He says he is going to eat in the cafeteria tomorrow for lunch. He will also have to nap/rest time tomorrow. They laid down for a little while today, but not as long as they usually will. I am glad he had a good day.

0 comments: