Sunday, May 23, 2010

6 weeks old

On Thursday, Karter turned six weeks old. I can't believe how fast time is going by. I have read some other blogs where they write about what their child is doing each month. I am going to attempt to do this. I did a horrible job filling in Keagan's baby book, so maybe this will help some with Karter's. I intended to start this when he turned a month old and never did it. Here are some things he is doing (mainly for me)
-looks just like Keagan did when he was a baby
-eats about every 3 hours, sometimes he goes longer and sometimes it is only 2
1/2 hours
-at night he eats about every 4 hours
-wears size 1 diapers
-wears 0-3 month clothes and some newborn things
-not sure how much he weighs but I am guessing about 11 pounds
-some days he sleeps really well, others not so much, loves to snuggle
-can hold his head up really well, he has done this since the day he was born
-loves his swing, likes the bouncy seat ok
-smiled on Mother's Day for the first time, since then he does it randomly
-his colic seems to be getting a little better, even though it is only at night that he
screams (usually 7:00-10:00) it wears me out, I have tried everything people have
recommended, I am very thankful for Mylicon and Gripe Water

A few of the teachers went together and got us a gift certificate to a portrait studio. I was planning to get Karter's pictures made anyways, so it worked out great. I took him on Thursday. His appointment was at 11:00. He wasn't suppose to eat until about 12:00. I had to wake him up to change his clothes so they could get started on his pictures. He was very fussy until he ate. Then he did fine. The photographer was very patient. I don't think he realized that Karter was not going to smile each time he took a picture. The pictures turned out good and I had a hard time deciding which ones to buy. I wanted them all.

this one was my favorite
sorry this is sideways, I couldn't get turned because of the way it is saved on the cd from the studio but I wanted to post a full body picture

he looks so much like Keagan


This is what he thought about getting his pictures made!

0 comments: