Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2 week check-up and a busy weekend

Last Thursday we took Karter to the doctor for his two week check-up. His appointment was at 8:50. This was the first time we had to get up and be some where that early. When we left the hospital Karter had dropped to 8.5 lbs. When the nurse weighed him he was up to 9.5! He was 21 1/2 inches when he was born and was 22 1/2 inches. Needless to say he is growing! Overall he is a very good baby. He seems to be colicky at night. He likes to cry and scream for about an hour after eats usually between 9:00-10:00. After that he goes will sleep until he wakes up to eat and most of the time will go right back to sleep.


On Friday Karter made his first road trip to Abilene. My sister came from Dallas to meet Karter. (We missed you Uncle Joey!) My cousin was also having his birthday party. I didn't take any pictures of my sister with Karter, so I took a picture of him in an outfit she gave him.

"My Auntie Loves Me"
Saturday afternoon we went to the swimming party. Keagan had a lot of fun swimming with my mom and his cousins.
jumping in

Keagan, Kadin, Johnathon, and my mom (somehow the other Cayden didn't get in the picture)



Keagan stayed with my mom and dad in Abilene and Cecil and I came home Saturday evening because our Sunday school class was having a diaper shower for us and another couple on Sunday after church. The lady who was having the shower with me left during church and went to the hospital. They ended up sending her home, but she had baby Bryline today. I have not opened the presents yet, but I know we have a lot. I am waiting for Keagan to come home and let him open them and help me sort them. He likes going in Karter's closet and getting me a package and looking at the numbers on the packages. I need to get these sorted and put up because the teachers at school are also supposed to give us a diaper shower. We are so blessed to have so many people who love and care about us.

I can't believe it but Keagan turns 4 on Saturday. I will post pictures from his party soon.

0 comments: