Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Busy Weekend

Friday night we went and rode Polar Express like we did last year. Cecil was not able to go last year because they were still stripping cotton. They got done this year so he was able to go. My mom also went with us. Keagan asked her when we first got our tickets if she would go with us incase his daddy couldn't go.

the conductor punching Cecil's ticket

Nana and Keagan with thier tickets

playing on the train, waiting to get to the North Pole


finally made it and Santa joined us

the bell he got from Santa

I guess I didn't take a picture of Keagan with his hot chocolate and cookie.

This is what Cecil thought of the train ride! Not really although it is not nearly as enjoyable for the adults as it is for the kids. He was sitting across the aisle from Keagan, my mom, and I so he did have some peace and quiet!
Saturday we went to the Catholic church in Idalou and had breakfast with Santa. When we walked in the building, Keagan ran up to Santa and hugged him. I wish I would have had my camera out. He has never been scared of Santa, but has never run up to one before like he did on Saturday.



eating his pancakes and orange juice
Saturday night we had Christmas with Cecil's parents and siblings. I forgot to take my camera. On Sunday we had Christmas with Cecil's grandparents. Again I forgot my camera.
Monday Cecil had surgery on his left foot and had a scope done on his right knee. He had some cartilage damage on his knee they were able to fix. The doctor did reconstructive foot surgery on his left foot. Cecil didn't have an arch in his foot and his toes would curl under and not relax because of his head injury when he was in elementary. The doctor put 5 screws in his foot and cut and stretched the tendons in it. His foot should not turn inward anymore and his toes will not curl under. He will still have wear his brace, but hopefully will not be in constant pain like he was. We got home Tuesday afternoon and he is doing pretty good. The muscles in his left thigh and groin area will not relax and none of his regular medicine he takes for that is helping. We have called the doctor and hoping he will call in something else. He goes back to the doctor on Dec. 31st for them to take the splint off and put on a cast. He is not allowed to put any weight on his foot for 6 weeks. After six weeks he will get a walking boot. I am not sure how long he will be in that.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
(I am sorry everything runs together. When I type, it is in paragraphs, but when I post it, it all runs together. It drives me crazy, but I don't know how to fix it)

0 comments: